Friday, March 20, 2009

Left-Handed Writing:)

Six seconds left in double overtime and I was at the free throw line. We were tied and I was very intimidated by the huge defending state champions. Grangeville had only lost one game and we had lost 6. As I grabbed the ball, the Grangeville fans were cheering against me. "Focus," I kept telling myself. I held the ball and did my usual routine and shot the ball that now weighed 10 pounds. Swish. I was so relieved and I heard my uncle yell, "Beautiful." I shot again, but I missed. Grangeville got the rebound and started booking it down the court. Bradee swiped the ball away and the girl knocked it out of bounds, so it was our ball. There was only 3 seconds left, and we were on Grangeville's side so there was a very hard press. We got the ball in and waited for the final buzzer to buzz. We had just beated the defending state champions!!! We didn't know it then, but in two games we would be state champions!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen this game. The other two were great. I'm glad you captured that event. Might be something you want to write more about.

    ReplyDelete